Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Life of a Salesman...Death of Auditor

I'm young and stupid but auditors and bank examiners lead boring lives. They get caught in these jobs because its steady pay with good benefits with the slim hope of upper management or partner. We sit in a room in a bank far away from our house and stare at our computers all day. We get excited if we are given enough space to work comfortable or if an assignment is 45 minutes away from our house instead of 2 hours. We rack up hotel points and platinum status but we'd rather be home then use them.
Mom... Dad.... it wasn't supposed to be like this. I know you want what is best for me, ( steady job, paycheck, security) but don't expect me to heed your advice for long. I see the pitfalls and traps that people get stuck in here and at the Big 4. I am going to chances and go for broke because I am not afraid to fail. I have failed before and will again but this 9-5 safety is not gonna cut it. I'll live with the ups and down. Because you see I want to chances because being the average Joe is still my fear.
Spread the field, put me out in space, and Ill make something happen. Put in a little more time here and then it's time to reopen the search. Book smarts may not be my strengths but I am too pretty for this job anyways. Time to sell myself, maybe as a realtor, salesman, or agent. Chances are I'd fit in better there.

No comments:

Post a Comment