Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Fighting = SEX

"I think the laws concerning fighting should be similar to those regarding sex. If two consenting adults want to duke it out, why should it be a crime? Stupid, yes: criminal, no."

This point was brought to my attention earlier and it falls in line with my opinions of fights. If two people want to throw down to blow off some steam they should be allowed to. The cops can watch because everyone enjoys a good scrap. When the fight becomes out of hand then you can intervene. Fights are dangerous, but they are usually no reason for someone to go to jail. If there are willing participants in fights or sex, no one should go to jail.

There should be no " I regret doing that so I'll press charges" This can apply to someone who just got their ass whopped in a fight or a woman who got so drunk that she slept with an ugly dude. People make mistakes, it's life. Learn from them and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment