Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Manayunk: Write it in stone

I have no idea how things are going to shake out. To relocate, things are going to have to shape up nicely. The plan for Manayunk is March. The expected added cost to me is $9,000 per year.

This would include rent, food, gym membership, parking, cable, internet, and other general expenses.
I have heard that there are places you can park you car and pay a monthly rate of around $40. This seems reasonable to me depending on how close it is to where you live. Living in a housing community has been discussed and after speaking with people who live in Manayunk I feel it is probably best to get an individual house.

Rules/Requirements for Manayunk
1.House must be within walking distance of the bars- This is for several reasons. You don't wanna to worry about driving, parking, or taking a cab. The Bars are close to 76. This is important for work related issues. It makes it easier to bring someone back.
2.People I live with must be willing and able to go out. You have to be able to go out and talk to girls. Don't hurt the team. Also you should be able to just hang out and chill at the bar on some nights.
3. Ideally there are no more than 3 housemates. 3 is more than I would like but its the norm, and it's ideal for payments.
4.Gym- I could do the gym thing and running thing on my own but ideally someone would want to go to the gym and be active.
5.The place is liveable and an upgrade from college. It is a place you could bring a girlfriend and a parent and not have them say this place is gross.
6.Girlfriends do not live in the house. This would be bad for everyone. An occasional stay is welcomed but you don't pay rent so get the fuck out. Also don't turn your back on your housemates if you have a girl.
7. Be willing to leave Manayunk for Old City, Rittenhouse square or wherever on any given weekend night.

The plan: I'm selective in who I would want to live with and right now I plan on living in the house for just a year because I feel I would outgrow the situation after that. I'm am willing and able to drop the cash at the drop of the hat. As you might expect, this plan is in stone, until tomorrow.
What can change: I could change jobs, no longer making Manayunk a desirable place to live. I could get a girlfriend and Manayunk would not seem so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment