Monday, October 26, 2009

Why Can't I Lift

It is so hard to stay committed to lifting when your numbers are falling, you have nothing to play for, and your kinda depressed. This is my battle when I come home from work everyday. I throw on some music, turn on the TV to distract myself from the uselessness of what I am doing. The spark is not there. I stall and take frequent breaks and take twice as long to do a normal workout. I have tried to mix up my workout a great deal in order to find new motivation and to some degree this has helped. However the intensity that is required to really lift has been missing. Part of the reason for this is because their is no other activity to play for. There is no football, no wrestling, no delusions of granduer. Where do I find the passion to continue?
A few suggestions
-Start running more- train for a marathon. This would at least accomplish some fitness goals.
-Join a gym- I have been so good at self motivating for 3 years but it appears that I need some help now. Getting there and getting home may motivate me to get the work done quicker.
-Start sparring- MMA, boxing, something for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment